On January 1, 2013, the Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012 was passed and signed into law. The Act reinstated the business and personal tax credits that expired on December 31, 2011 and made them retroactive to December 31, 2011.
Below are the highlights of the available tax credits for 2012 and 2013 and the individual item limits. For more details and to see if you qualify, consult your tax advisor.
- 10% up to $300 for qualified air conditioners, natural gas water heaters, and biomass stoves
- Natural gas furnace and boilers capped at 10% up to $150, and all furnaces and boilers must meet 95 AFUE
- 10% up to $50 for advanced main air circulating fan
- 10% up to $500 for insulation, roofs, and doors
- Windows capped at 10% up to $200, and must be ENERGY STAR qualified $500 lifetime limit
To see if you qualify for a tax credit, consult your tax advisor. For a complete listing of tax credits, visit www.energystar.gov/taxcredits.
PSNC Energy is proud to partner with ENERGY STAR to promote energy efficient products and practices that save money and protect our environment.