Your water heater works hard to keep your showers hot, your clothes clean and your dishes sparkling. Keep this important appliance running its best with the Tank Water Heater Check-up Program*.
For just $94.95, a PSNC Energy service technician will:
- Check for water leaks, corrosion, & overall safe operation of tank.
- Visually inspect pilot assembly and burner compartment. This effects your water heater's efficiency to ensure that its ignition source is burning safely and properly.
- Test the thermocouple for proper operation. (PSNC Energy will test thermocouple on Flammable Vapor Ignition Resistant (FVIR) units with sealed burners, or will replace the thermocouple on standard units if necessary. Any water heater manufactured after July 5, 2005 must meet new ANSI standards.)
- Make sure the venting system is drawing and operating properly.
- Add up to 10 feet of insulation to hot water line to eliminate heat loss making it more energy efficient.
- Set your water heater at 120 degrees for optimal energy efficiency.
During your water heater checkup, if problems are discovered that may require additional service work, we'll be glad to provide you with a cost estimate.
Call 1-877-776-2427 today to schedule a check-up for your water heater.
Is it time for a new water heater? How about a tankless water heater? Take a look at what’s available at our PSNC Energy showrooms.
Get fast, quality appliance repair coverage for your water heater and other appliances with PSNC Energy's ServiceCare Protection Plans.
*Tank Water Heater Check-up Program is not applicable if customers have tankless (or instantaneous) water heat.
**PSNC Energy will test thermo couple on Flammable Vapor Ignition Resistant (FVIR) units with sealed burners, or will replace the thermo couple on standard units if necessary. Any water heater manufactured after July 5, 2005 must meet new ANSI standards.
PSNC Energy appliance sales, installation, maintenance, and repair are not a part of the regulated services offered by PSNC Energy and are not in any way sanctioned by the North Carolina Utilities Commission. There is no advantage to customers of PSNC Energy if they buy these products or services from PSNC Energy. A customer does not have to buy such products or services in order to continue to receive the same safe and reliable natural gas service from PSNC Energy.