The first step in converting your home to gas is to check for natural gas availability in your area by calling your local PSNC Energy Sales Office at 704-783-3932.
We'll have a new business representative contact you to check the availability or provide you with the costs, if any, to have a gas service line installed to your home.
Once gas availability has been determined, converting your home to natural gas involves seven simple steps:
Converting to Natural Gas
- A local PSNC Energy representative will meet with you at your home to determine the appropriate gas meter location and to complete the paperwork necessary to generate your order. Once your paperwork is signed, you will then need to call and set up your account at
- A PSNC Energy crew will install the service line from the street to your home. Digging is required, but PSNC Energy will reseed the dig site and replace landscaping if necessary.
- A contractor of your choice will run the inside gas piping to the location where your gas meter will be set. They may be able to connect and convert your appliances*.
- The contractor will file for a permit and call to have their work inspected. Your local city/county inspections department will handle the inspection.
- Once the inspection occurs and is approved, contact PSNC Energy at
1-877-584-7762 to schedule an appointment to have your natural gas meter set and activated.
- Once the meter is activated, your contractor will need to return to your home to start your appliances and make sure they are working properly.
- Now it’s time to sit back and rely on PSNC Energy to bring the comfort and convenience of clean, reliable natural gas service and energy-efficient appliances to your home.
PSNC Energy appliance sales, installation, maintenance, and repair are not a part of the regulated services offered by PSNC Energy and are not in any way sanctioned by the North Carolina Utilities Commission. There is no advantage to customers of PSNC Energy if they buy these products or services from PSNC Energy. A customer does not have to buy such products or services in order to continue to receive the same safe and reliable natural gas service from PSNC Energy.