Committed to providing you with safe, reliable natural gas service, PSNC Energy maintains all of its natural gas lines in accordance with U.S. Department of Transportation pipeline safety regulations.
Federal regulations mandate that we notify all customers of the following:
- PSNC Energy does not maintain natural gas lines, including BURIED natural gas piping, beyond PSNC Energy’s meter. It is the customer’s responsibility to inspect and maintain these customer-owned lines.
- Customers should be aware that BURIED natural gas piping, if not properly maintained, may be subject to the potential hazards of corrosion and leakage.
- BURIED natural gas piping should be periodically inspected for leaks and, if the piping is metallic, should also be periodically inspected for corrosion. Unsafe conditions should be repaired immediately.
- When digging near BURIED natural gas piping, the piping should be located in advance and digging should be done by hand. To locate BURIED natural gas lines on PSNC Energy’s side of the meter, please call the North Carolina One Call Center, Inc. at 811 or 1-800-632-4949.
- A licensed plumber or heating contractor can assist in locating, inspecting, and repairing customer-owned buried natural gas piping. You can also call PSNC Energy at 1-877-776-2427 to have a PSNC Energy service technician perform the inspection for a charge.
Call 1-877-776-2427 for more information.