GASTONIA, N.C., (April 13, 2010) – Want to quickly compare the cost of replacing an aging heat pump with a new natural gas furnace? PSNC Energy’s new online fuel cost comparison tool can do just that.
This calculator is designed to help homeowners make a more informed decision when it comes to replacing a home heating system, water heater or other appliances.
The new online fuel cost comparison tool allows homeowners to:
Even without having the exact installation costs of a new system or efficiency information of an appliance, the calculator can provide a general estimate of energy and costs savings.
- compare the cost of natural gas versus propane, fuel oil and electric
- compare operating costs of a new appliance versus an existing appliance already installed in their home
- plug in their own fuel costs
- enter different appliance efficiencies to get an estimate of operating costs
- estimate the length of time (or "payback period”) it will take to recover the cost of replacing an existing appliance with a new appliance through reduced energy costs
The exceptionally cold weather experienced earlier this year has many consumers reviewing their seasonal heating costs and looking for ways to save money next winter. With PSNC Energy’s online fuel cost comparison calculator, homeowners have an informational tool to use when making home energy decisions. To access the fuel cost comparison tool, visit psncenergy.com/compare.
PSNC Energy, headquartered in Gastonia, N.C., is franchised to serve a 28-county service area in North Carolina. The utility distributes natural gas to approximately 473,000 customers in 96 cities and communities, including the Raleigh, Durham, and Chapel Hill areas in the north central part of the state; the Concord, Statesville, Gastonia, and Forest City areas in the Piedmont; and the Asheville, Hendersonville, Brevard, and Sylva areas in the western part of the state. More information about PSNC Energy is available through the company’s web site at psncenergy.com.